What is a Scholarship?
College scholarships are forms of aid that help students pay for their education. Unlike student loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid. Hundreds of thousands of scholarships and fellowships from several thousand sponsors are awarded each year.
How to Find a Scholarship
Generally, scholarships and fellowships are reserved for students with special qualifications, such as academic, athletic or artistic talent. Awards are also available for students who are interested in particular fields of study, who are members of underrepresented groups, who live in certain areas of the country or who demonstrate financial need.
The best way to find scholarships or internships is to use a personalized search, like Fastweb, that compares your student profile with a database of awards. Only those awards that fit your profile are identified as matches. Fastweb has the largest, most accurate and most frequently updated scholarship database.
Featured Scholarship Providers
$2,000 Niche No Essay Scholarship
Niche knows you are busy and that times are tough. That is why they decided to create the easiest possible scholarship to give something back to students.
The $2,000 “No Essay” Scholarship is an easy scholarship with no essay required! The scholarship can be used to cover tuition, housing, books, or any education-related expenses.
All high school and college students, as well as anyone looking to attend college or graduate school in the next year are eligible.
The deadline falls on the last day of each month. You can apply once each month, with a new winner selected every month. The monthly winner will be determined by random drawing and then contacted directly and announced in Niche’s e-newsletter and on the Scholarship Winners page.
Scholarships are available to students at all school levels and represent various interests and attributes. The scholarship groups below highlight new and interesting opportunities. With the information compiled in these links, students can apply for the scholarships they find best meet their needs.
- 2023 College Scholarships
- Scholarships for students throughout 2023
- Scholarships for The Class of 2023
- Scholarships for current high school seniors and college bound students
- Scholarships for The Class of 2024
- Scholarships for high school students starting senior year in the Fall 2023
- Scholarships for College Students
- Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior and graduate student scholarship opportunities
- Full Tuition Scholarships
- List of over 20 scholarships that offer full tuition award amounts
- Scholarships for Average Students
- Scholarships with zero GPA requirements and most do not require a long essay
- Unusual & Unique Scholarships
- Unusual scholarships which embrace unique characteristics and creativity
- Prestigious Scholarships and Fellowships
- Competitive and well-known scholarships that are national and international in scope
- Scholarships for Women
- List of over 25 scholarships specifically for women
- Scholarships for Women in STEM
- Scholarships for fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics for women
- LGBTQ+ Community Scholarships
- Scholarships, grants, fellowships and internships available for the LGBTQ+ community
- Scholarships for African American Students
- Scholarships for Black Students from colleges, educational institutions and major foundations
- Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Students
- Scholarships for students with Hispanic and Latino/Latina heritage
- Scholarships for Indigenous American Students
- Scholarships for students with indigenous and Native American roots.
- Scholarships for Asian-Pacific American Students
- Scholarships for Asian-Pacific American students
- Scholarships for Minority Students
- Scholarship opportunities for students with a various cultures and backgrounds
- Community Service Scholarships
- Top scholarships for students involved in volunteer and community service programs
- Social Media Scholarships
- Scholarships with social media-related and social networking site components
- Gaming & Esports Scholarships
- Top scholarships for Esports and gamers
- Athletic Scholarships
- Sports scholarships and athletic scholarships for student athletes
- Scholarships for Students Challenged with Illness or Disability
- Scholarships for students living with, challenged by, or have overcome illness
- Cancer Survivor and Related Scholarships
- Scholarships for students or their family members battling or who have battled cancer
- Medical School and Pre-Med Scholarships
- Scholarships for pre-med and medical students pursuing medical studies
- Nursing Scholarships
- Scholarships for students pursuing a career in nursing
- Biology Scholarships
- Diverse scholarship opportunities in biology fields
- Environmental Scholarships
- Environmentally focused scholarships
- Scholarships for Business Students
- Scholarships for students majoring in business or attending a business school
- Fastweb’s Featured Scholarships
- Frequently updated list of new and highlighted scholarship opportunities
- No Essay Scholarships for 2023
- Top no-essay scholarships you can apply for right now
- Vocational, Technical, Trade School Scholarships
- Variety of trade focused scholarships including; electrical, auto, plumbing training and others
- Culinary Scholarships
- Culinary and Hospitality industry focused scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Scholarships for military veterans and spouses and children of military service members
How to Get a Scholarship
While every scholarship application is different, as well as every applicant, these actions help students prepare:
- Prepare for the application process
- Follow all directions
- Stay organized
- Check your application very carefully
Learn more: Organizing Your Scholarship Search
Fastweb’s College Scholarship Directory
The Fastweb College Scholarship Directory highlights new and large scholarships by category within Fastweb’s state-of-the-art scholarship database. The directory brings together scholarships by student category and every opportunity is approved the Fastweb research team before it reaches their national scholarship database.
With this directory, students have the opportunity to review scholarships by school year, major, student interests, personal circumstances and much more. This is an excellent tool for all students to help them find scholarships to help pay for school.