What is a Scholarship?
College scholarships are forms of aid that help students pay for their education. Unlike student loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid. Hundreds of thousands of scholarships and fellowships from several thousand sponsors are awarded each year.
How to Find a Scholarship
Generally, scholarships and fellowships are reserved for students with special qualifications, such as academic, athletic or artistic talent. Awards are also available for students who are interested in particular fields of study, who are members of underrepresented groups, who live in certain areas of the country or who demonstrate financial need.
The best way to find scholarships or internships is to use a personalized search, like Fastweb, that compares your student profile with a database of awards. Only those awards that fit your profile are identified as matches. Fastweb has the largest, most accurate and most frequently updated scholarship database.
Featured Scholarship Providers
Scholarships are available to students at all school levels and represent various interests and attributes. The scholarship groups below highlight new and interesting opportunities. With the information compiled in these links, students can apply for the scholarships they find best meet their needs.
- Scholarships for Average Students
- Unusual Scholarships
- Full Tuition Scholarships
- Scholarships for Women
- Scholarships for Minority Students
- Scholarships for African American Students
- Community Service Scholarships
- Prestigious Scholarships and Fellowships
- LGBTQ Community Scholarships
- Athletic Scholarships
- Scholarships for College Students
- Scholarships for Asian-Pacific American Students
- Scholarships for Business Students
- 2022 College Scholarships
- Scholarships for The Class of 2022
- Scholarships for The Class of 2023
- Scholarships for Students Challenged with Illness or Disability
- Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Students
- Scholarships for Indigenous American Students
- Cancer Survivor and Related Scholarships
- Medical School and Pre-Med Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Social Media Scholarships
- Fastweb’s Featured Scholarships
How to Get a Scholarship
While every scholarship application is different, as well as every applicant, these actions help students prepare:
- Prepare for the application process
- Follow all directions
- Stay organized
- Check your application very carefully
Learn more: Organizing Your Scholarship Search
Fastweb’s College Scholarship Directory
The Fastweb College Scholarship Directory highlights new and large scholarships by category within Fastweb’s state-of-the-art scholarship database. The directory brings together scholarships by student category and every opportunity is approved the Fastweb research team before it reaches their national scholarship database.
With this directory, students have the opportunity to review scholarships by school year, major, student interests, personal circumstances and much more. This is an excellent tool for all students to help them find scholarships to help pay for school.